Power to the deviants. You get to design the next deviantWEAR shirts.
Designers, this is your opportunity to have your work seen and worn by artists, art enthusiasts, and t-shirt lovers from around the world. If you're not a designer, you can still participate in the deviantWEAR Design Battle by supporting the designs you like best! It's a win, win. There's something for everyone.
For the community, by the community. Have fun here! What's all the rage on deviantART that would make a good shirt? Designs should reflect dA community jokes, memes or other references to the deviantART community.
What's your best spin on a deviantART branded shirt? Designs should use the deviantART name and/or deviantART logo.
The sky is the limit here. Your design doesn't need to relate to deviantART or use the logo. It's up to you. The shirt is your canvas.
We've got some incredible prizes to offer our winners. Behold the following awesome prizes:
- $1000 in cash
- A 1-year subscription to deviantART
- A decked out deviantART Artist Bag
- 100 deviantDOLLARS to use on deviantART
- 2 printed shirts of your winning design
There will be at least one winner in each submission category selected from all eligible entries. There may be multiple winners in a category depending on quality and popularity of submissions. Each winner will receive, guaranteed, $1000 cash for his/her artist royalties on the sale of the shirt with more coming if we sell more; a one year deviantART subscription; an Artists Bag with all of the accessories; 100 deviantDOLLARS; and two shirts of his/her own winning design. Winning shirt designs will be released for sale in the deviantWEAR shop.
All semi-finalists will be awarded a 1 month deviantART subscription!
STAGE ONE: Open Submissions
The submission categories will be open from Feb. 9th – March 1st for contest entries. Submit through the links below. Please see the Official Rules.
STAGE TWO: 16 semi-finalists will be selected from each category
Semi-finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART staff responsible for deviantWEAR sales and design based on adherence to the appropriate themes, quality of design, likely sales potential of the design, artistic quality and adherence to the technical specifications for entries.
STAGE THREE: You pick the Winner!
The semi-finalists will be arranged in collections hosted on the deviantWEAR.deviantart.com user account on or before March 4th. The collections will then be released to YOU, the community, to decide who the ultimate winners will be. Multiple shirts may be chosen! Our panel of judges will evaluate your feedback and use favorites, pageviews and comments to help select at least one winner in each category.
Artists are encouraged to promote their contest entry once the collections go up however any obvious attempts at generating false feedback will be disqualified. Judges will only consider comments made during a 14 day voting period.
UPLOAD YOUR DESIGN AS A DEVIATION
Step 1: Click 'Submit Deviation'
Step 2: Choose a title for your work
Step 3: Select the submission category that you
would like to submit to:
Your design must be original work and conform to the following technical requirements:
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (File format: AI, EPS)
- Compatible with CS3 or below
- Use only 1-6 colors
- No part of the design should exceed 10 inches by 12 inches
- Up to two placements may be used per design
- Vectors do not have size requirements because of their lossless scalability
- Do not mix raster images with vector images
- Fonts must be converted to outline shapes
- It is recommended that you use a Shirt Template to help show the proper design placement
- It is preferred that you use Pantone colors (PMS Coated) for color references. There is a Pantone Coated library under your swatch libraries in Adobe Illustrator
deviantWEAR uses high quality American Apparel shirts. These shirts come in a variety of colors. Please use this link as a reference for shirt color choices. This will allow you to better plan your design's color scheme.
- All designs need to ultimately be available in vector format. Contest entries should be non-vector/source files (GIF, JPG, PNG), as they are for preview only, but winning entries must be finalized as vector files. Listed below are require ments for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator; however, you may use the application of your choice as long as it can export a file to the proper specifications. GIMP, Sodipodi, and Inkscape are popular and free image manipulation programs that can be useful if you do not have access to Adobe software
- The deviantWEAR Design Battle submission period begins on February 9th, 2009 at 12:01:01 PM PST and ends on March 1st, 2009 at 11:59:59 PM PST. Designs must be submitted during the allotted time and in the proper category to be considered as contest entries.
These are resources you can use in your submissions. We offer them as-is, and we're sure they'll be quite helpful.